Welcome to Steamforged Games Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

bepis

New Brewmeister reporting in

Hullo!

I'm curious as to what models to buy for a good Season 3 team of Brewers. I'm looking to get a new team for the holidays. What Brewers models should I get with the new changes to this guild, and what Union might I want to stack on top of it?

Thanks!

P.s. Looking on the store, I see Pintpot. What's his deal?

TheDrunkenMald likes this

What kind of game do you enjoy? Do you have any models at all? or an idea of which Captain you prefer?

The answers you get for this are going to be wide and varied, but I think most people would agree that Hooper, Friday and Classic Spigot are a strong starting point for a line up. If you are running Esters then Stoker comes into his own as he has a team mate to set people on fire for him.

Rage makes a good a Brewer and I think new Harry should work well along with Mash. I think Fangtooth is rarely seen because his odour is too crippling for our slow guys.

Pintpot is brand new, and nobody has seen his card yet so can't tell you anything about him.

Depends if you want the kickoff plastic or metal..

Either captain is good but I preffer Tapper.. Friday,  Hooper and one of the Spigot are largely a must have.. Mascots are personal preference,  the cat is awesome but the dog does things for free..  Lastly pick one other player that's not Stave..  He's a trap... 

After writing off Stoker in Season 1 and early season 2, ive been using him very well from June this year and hes got a cheaper flame jet which is nice, yes the range has dropped, which is a fair trade off as 3 inf on him was a bit much.

Every player in the Brewers team brings something. EVEN Stave!, however, he is really really poor.

I've had a chance to play a few more Season 3 games. My conclusion is that playing a footballing team is a more sure-fire way to get the win. Between the 1 MP if you lose initiative, -1 to TN on goal kicks within 4" of the goal-post, and the more utilitarian options available to Brewers, it's a more exciting to throw 2 or even 3 strikers on the pitch.

Tapper's Old Jake's range being pushed up to 6" is great. Commanding Aura being more likely to be triggered off the playbook is exciting. And he works nicely with either Scum or Quaff.

Stoker is straight money. Keeping him in the back field to drop a Molotov in the path of a Striker is great. Haven't used Flame Jet yet.

Finally, Harry the Hat is great. His playbook is so much better, his aura is great to zip a team up the field when receiving the ball and to take cheeky 0-cost snap shots with Mash, and his 2" melee is very welcome. He doesn't benefit from all the guild-only plays and traits, but I think he's *my* auto-include in a tournament-nine.

CurlyPaul likes this

1 hour ago, Tankard said:

I've had a chance to play a few more Season 3 games. My conclusion is that playing a footballing team is a more sure-fire way to get the win. Between the 1 MP if you lose initiative, -1 to TN on goal kicks within 4" of the goal-post, and the more utilitarian options available to Brewers, it's a more exciting to throw 2 or even 3 strikers on the pitch.

Tapper's Old Jake's range being pushed up to 6" is great. Commanding Aura being more likely to be triggered off the playbook is exciting. And he works nicely with either Scum or Quaff.

Stoker is straight money. Keeping him in the back field to drop a Molotov in the path of a Striker is great. Haven't used Flame Jet yet.

Finally, Harry the Hat is great. His playbook is so much better, his aura is great to zip a team up the field when receiving the ball and to take cheeky 0-cost snap shots with Mash, and his 2" melee is very welcome. He doesn't benefit from all the guild-only plays and traits, but I think he's *my* auto-include in a tournament-nine.

Just putting my 9 together now.. Harry definitely gets the Union spot for me as well. 

I'm looking quite hard at a duel Captain roster, which I think Brewers can pull off pretty convincingly.  

30 minutes ago, CurlyPaul said:

Just putting my 9 together now.. Harry definitely gets the Union spot for me as well. 

I'm looking quite hard at a duel Captain roster, which I think Brewers can pull off pretty convincingly.  

For the first time in forever, a dual-Captain roster isn't something goofy to consider. I was an Esters player b/c I thought that her game was more "all-comers" than Tapper. Now that's been evened out a little with Tapper's improved supporting ability and the fact that Quaff is a legit addition to a Tapper lineup (unlike Season 2), so I'm not automatically using 4 slots to get two captains. So, with 3 slots (sorry, Scum) taken by Tapper, Esters, and Quaff, the six remaining are Hooper, Spigot, Friday, Mash, Stoker, and Harry the Hat. 

I'd really dig bringing Vet. Spigot along but the roster restrictions make it Spigot for me. Spigot's toolbox is just too deep to pass up. Meanwhile, Vet. Spigot is good. Really good. But it really only goes to 11 when he's in possession of the ball. And with killing the ball a solid tactic for the less football-y teams, I think that Vet. Spigot is a sad activation for half of the game. I'm wanting to be convinced otherwise though. So, by all means, Make Veteran Spigot Great Again! (#MvSGA? Too soon?)

CurlyPaul likes this

Yeah this what I'm thinking as well. While Scum is the perfect candidate for Old Jake's,  he's not doing much in an Ester team. Meanwhile free tac bonuses will always be welcome.

With only one mascot and one Union, the other slots taken you the rest of the Brewers bar Stave. Should give me enough to choose from.

Oh and it's Classic Spigot from me, but mainly because I don't have time to get Vet Spigot painted. Maybe next time though. 

Tankard likes this

1 hour ago, bepis said:

Well, you guys have convinced me to get Tapper as well!

While he's probably not the best captain,  he is probably my favorite captain in the game...

bepis likes this

5 hours ago, bepis said:

Well, you guys have convinced me to get Tapper as well!

Good! He was my first captain and I love him, although I think he's overall been nerfed he is still strong and worth adding to your ranks. 

17 hours ago, CurlyPaul said:

Yeah this what I'm thinking as well. While Scum is the perfect candidate for Old Jake's,  he's not doing much in an Ester team. Meanwhile free tac bonuses will always be welcome.

With only one mascot and one Union, the other slots taken you the rest of the Brewers bar Stave. Should give me enough to choose from.

Oh and it's Classic Spigot from me, but mainly because I don't have time to get Vet Spigot painted. Maybe next time though. 

Not 24 hours later, Steamforged has put me in a position of having to yank my foot out of my mouth. Regional cup guidelines now allow Vet and Original versions in the roster now.

Too much change! I don't know what to do! I need an adult!

Tayne likes this

3 hours ago, Tankard said:

Not 24 hours later, Steamforged has put me in a position of having to yank my foot out of my mouth. Regional cup guidelines now allow Vet and Original versions in the roster now.

Too much change! I don't know what to do! I need an adult!

the interesting part for me is that now allowing both Spigots in a tournament nine has me looking at who to cut.. which goes back to the union choice (Harry) or Stoker.. not much changed in season 3 really...

5 minutes ago, Redmaw said:

the interesting part for me is that now allowing both Spigots in a tournament nine has me looking at who to cut.. which goes back to the union choice (Harry) or Stoker.. not much changed in season 3 really...

It seems sacrilegious (Get it?! Solethians are religious? Ah ... nm), but does one park Friday and her ability to easily score goals for a Vet Spigot that might be able to control the ball better before picking an opportune moment to make a drive for the post? I want a 10th player ... make it so, Steamforged!