Welcome to Steamforged Games Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Mako

Calendar   07/14/2017

The new Event Calendar is live in the toolbar! Pundits can now log their upcoming events here so everyone can see what's going on in their area. Take a look, it will fill with more new things as the days go by.
TheLieutenant

Season 3 Nationalities for Homelands Cup

31 posts in this topic

Hi folks, 

Been getting some requests for a complete, easy list of which models play for which nationalities in the Homelands Cup. Here is the full list of nations and their respective Players. I've also included the list of current unplayable nations at the bottom, cause I know people will be interested. :) 

Playable Nations

Valentia

Captains: Fillet, Midas

Mascots: Salt (Please note, Salt was unfortunately not updated in the card reprints. His card still says Eisnoran, this should be Valentian. This will be updated in an errata.) 

Players: Cosset, Ghast, Brisket, Venin, Chisel, Granite

Raedland

Captains: Theron, Hammer

Mascots: Princess, Vileswarm

Players: A&G, Graves, Flint, Mallet, Colossus, Spigot

Maldriven

Captains: Tapper

Mascots: Quaff (See Salt. Quaff's card still says Eisnoran, he is actually Maldriven. This will be updated in an errata.)

Players: Hooper, Stave, Friday, Chaska, PintPot

Skald

Captains: Ox

Mascots: Dirge

Players: Boar, Brick, Jac, Vitriol, Katalyst

Ethraynne

Captains: Smoke, 

Mascots: Scum

Players: Calculus, Mercury, Fangtooth, Salvo, Velocity

Erskirad

Captains: Pin Vice

Mascots: Mother

Players: Decimate, Gutter, Shank, Meathook, Hoist

Eisnor

Captains: Shark, Esters

Mascots: Fahad

Players: Zarola, Seenah, Stoker, Mash, Hemlocke

Castellya

Captains: Honour, Vet Rage  

Mascots: Truffles

Players: Harmony, Tower, Rage, Egret, Jaecar, Tenderiser

Figo

Captains: Ballista, Obulus

Mascots: Wrecker

Players: Greyscales, Angel, Compound, Boiler

Non-Playable Nations (currently) 

Indar

Captains: Corsair,

Mascots: Naja, Mainspring, Flask, Marbles

Players: Ratchet, Silence

Numa

Captains: 0

Mascots: Tentacles

Players: Sakana

Sultar

Captains: Blackheart, Scalpel

Mascots: Coin, Strongbox

Players: Snakeskin

Piervo

Mascots: 0

Players: Bonesaw, Casket

Unknown

Mascots: 0

Players: Siren, Kraken, Minx, Mist, Harry the Hat, Hearne

Eisnor looks absolutely hilarious.

Esters, Fahad, Zarola, Seenah, Stoker, Mash/Hemlocke

Throw fire and Snared for a couple of turns.

Then Esters pops legendary and gives Seenah and Fahad +1 damage..

A whole bunch of players had their nationality changed.  It's actually mildly headscratching that with all the changes the nations aren't more evenly spread for this sort of thing.

1 minute ago, LunarSol said:

A whole bunch of players had their nationality changed.  It's actually mildly headscratching that with all the changes the nations aren't more evenly spread for this sort of thing.

Depends on what is coming in Season 3 I guess.

2 hours ago, Gauntlet said:

Eisnor looks absolutely hilarious.

Esters, Fahad, Zarola, Seenah, Stoker, Mash/Hemlocke

Throw fire and Snared for a couple of turns.

Then Esters pops legendary and gives Seenah and Fahad +1 damage..

Eisnor is by far my favorite. Quaff and Zarola with Shark is also a waking nightmare.

3 hours ago, LeadDiceandBeers said:

Depends on what is coming in Season 3 I guess.

I don't disagree.  Really, the things that struck me as odd were places where a new nation was created to... I guess mothball Sakana and Tentacles for the foreseeable future?  It's mostly that the unplayable nations don't feel like they're set up to become playable that I found odd.

Particularly odd where a nation was changed to unplayable by removing a key piece.  Might be an errata thing though.  The one that stands out right now to me is that Quaff is Eisonarn, which invalidates the Maldriven team posted above.  Actually, if that's a mistake and Salt is a mistake, that probably explains 90% of the cases that caused my concern.

On 11/29/2016 at 9:48 AM, Neo_Maquiavelo said:

Isn't Hammer from Raedland? 

Or he will change as Salt has done?

As a rookie who has signed up for the National tournament on Adepticon Sunday I'd also like to confirm that the first post on this thread is an official ruling on Hammer's Nationality as I got caught out by players suddenly changing their nationality from S2 to S3 and I don't want to buy another mini from a different Guild than I normally run.

On 11/29/2016 at 2:05 PM, TheLieutenant said:

Raedland

Captains: Theron

Mascots: Princess, Vileswarm

Players: A&G, Graves, Flint, Mallet, Colossus, Spigot

For hilarity I'd like to point out that oSpigot and Mallet passively make Flint a 6/10"..

tbh, I kinda wish I'd picked up another LE Flint and a resin Raed team when I had the chance..

2 hours ago, Redmaw said:

For hilarity I'd like to point out that oSpigot and Mallet passively make Flint a 6/10"..

tbh, I kinda wish I'd picked up another LE Flint and a resin Raed team when I had the chance..

Even though it's from two different sources the ability is still the same named source so it wouldn't stack.

1 hour ago, Dracilic said:

Even though it's from two different sources the ability is still the same named source so it wouldn't stack.

Really..? I thought it would as it's an affect on two different players both giving their own independent bonus rather than a token being applied directly to Flint.. 

No problem either way,  you now get the choice of covering a larger area or using vSpigot as another goal threat...

I can see how Esters, Shark, Mash and Stoker are from the same region. I dont see how Zarola and Fahad can be from that same land though....

3 hours ago, JS said:

I can see how Esters, Shark, Mash and Stoker are from the same region. I dont see how Zarola and Fahad can be from that same land though....

Is it cos i is black?

18 minutes ago, masterkdog said:

Is it cos i is black?

She's black? I don't see race, man.

More the association of panthers and jungles with warm tropical climates, and viking full-face helmets, heavy furs & beards and north sea fishermen with slightly colder, less tropical environments. Eisnor - the magical land where all lifestyles are possible.

5 hours ago, Redmaw said:

Really..? I thought it would as it's an affect on two different players both giving their own independent bonus rather than a token being applied directly to Flint.. 

No problem either way,  you now get the choice of covering a larger area or using vSpigot as another goal threat...

Still the same named source (football legend).

Only one team possible with no men (I say no men because it needs Hoist so they're not all female).  Looks like a fun team though...

Just an observation, not a criticism.

1 minute ago, MilitaryCoo said:

Only one team possible with no men (I say no men because it needs Hoist so they're not all female).  Looks like a fun team though...

Just an observation, not a criticism.

Well unless there are a lot of nations where men either don't play the sport or just don't exist then that makes sense.

I think SFG should produce separate National versions of Players.

So, even if you don't like a Player's rules or there is a conflict of Nationalities between abilities like Defensive Support, this format could have this cleaned up.

It would also give players more bang for their buck by having two completely different ways to use the same they purchased.

5 hours ago, daner0023 said:

I think SFG should produce separate National versions of Players.

So, even if you don't like a Player's rules or there is a conflict of Nationalities between abilities like Defensive Support, this format could have this cleaned up.

It would also give players more bang for their buck by having two completely different ways to use the same they purchased.

Nice Idea, as in theory the players interactions would be much varied when playing with a different set of players outside their normal guild especially as there are different motives behind the Homelands cup than there is in the normal league.

Alrighty, having spoken to the rest of the design team, Salt and Quaff will be errataed to match this list. 

Hammer was listed wrong, obviously, since there was no need to actually change his nationality. It has been updated now. 

Just out of curiousity, when characters' nationalities have changed, is it for fluff or crunch reasons? Or a bit of both?

Obulus going from Ethraynnian to Figeon, for example: because you decided his background actually has more of a Figgy feel to it, or because he fits better on the Figgy team?

These are the thoughts which fill my mind at this time of night. :P