Welcome to Steamforged Games Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Mako

Calendar   07/14/2017

The new Event Calendar is live in the toolbar! Pundits can now log their upcoming events here so everyone can see what's going on in their area. Take a look, it will fill with more new things as the days go by.
Cole

The curious case of... Vileswarm?

48 posts in this topic
2 hours ago, Mattyg2787 said:

It's a trap. Vindictive is humans only so not against mascots. 

Means you commit two models to try and get normal points. Original Graves can kill a mascot Solo. 

Yeah. But if you go hunting anything with gravedigger, that 1 VP from a mascot will actually matter.

I do think that the trap is to play them as a pair. I haven´t tried them yet, but I´ll rather try to suicide Vileswarm so that vGraves can get an easy crowded out with his heroic.

10 hours ago, Mattyg2787 said:

It's a trap. Vindictive is humans only so not against mascots. 

Means you commit two models to try and get normal points. Original Graves can kill a mascot Solo. 

You'd send two or more models to get normal points on a normal player so its not a trap. Rat pack is just there for insurance and crowd out as it'll do sod all else useful. Original graves only gets one point for a solo kill, vgraves gets double that. What's your point? If you're sure you'll get the mascot with vgraves, don't commit the ratpack if you don't need it as insurance.

Then there's all the other benefits that Graves 1 brings (tooled up, auto bleed, longer threat, scything blow)

Graves2 has a nice single trick. Graves1 is an all round toolbox

Ran the rats tonight and helped by some ridiculously good dice ended up pushing 2 players off the pitch, generating 3 MoM each time and tackling vBrisket stopping a goal run. (Not all at the same time!)

Vindictive combined with lurking on some fast ground was ace. 

Not sure against a more experienced player, or with average dice, I would be saying the same but was nice to see some potential.

Going to persevere for a few more games as Vileswarm just looks too nice to be on the bench...

I like Vileswarm. His playbook is decent enough and vindictive makes him inf neutral when he can generally generate 2 momentum

On ‎28‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 3:32 AM, Makhina said:

It's the fact that his ability to do work relies on vGraves using a momentum to use a heroic so the rat can do something useful. Also after playing the new Mascot rules with Flask I noticed how much of a liability that explosion can be if you are playing against someone like Scalpel.

Scalpel used her 1dmg/push/dodges to place him in the middle of my team while killing him then after placing him proper she started selecting the 2/3 damage choices and then after she took him out she healed the damage it did to her then Second winded away from that mess.

Seriously painful and also really cool to watch

Wait a minute...(I read this very lately) are you telling it's possible to attack his own models ? 

1 hour ago, Leader9-1 said:

Wait a minute...(I read this very lately) are you telling it's possible to attack his own models ? 

No it's not.

The example was Scalpel attacking Flask.

I've switched to Vileswarm and been appreciating what he's bringing to the table. Vindictive is a great trait and he often gets 1 INF just to threaten momentous pushes or potentially a nasty Rabid Animal, bogging a player down when you have Scalpel or Graves on the table to threaten kills is huge.

I've not taken Graves2 yet but I think that he's a trap. Vileswarm is quite self sufficient and annoying as a mascot.

To me its offering a lot more than Dirge at the moment. I find the birds bonuses of damage with Cosset or extra kick on Silence to be either overkill in a lot of situations or puts the bird in danger of an easy take out for no return. I know its only 1 VP but it can matter esp if you time out (I find its happened quite a few times with Morts) or there are potential other bonuses for killing it.

I've been loving the rats... until Fillet bled them and Meathook exploded him into bleeding Greede, Ghast and Avarisse as last activation that turn.

I was playing like a total numpty so he should never have been that close to everyone but definitely highlighted his potential downside 😐

I tend to run them down a wing most of the time. Nice pushing playbook and it keeps them from being detonated in the middle of your team. 

Yeah, I was doing the same. Using them as a bit of a sweeper model to disengage ghast/Graves. 

That said, with Cosset back in, dirge followed along

9 hours ago, Mattyg2787 said:

That said, with Cosset back in, dirge followed along

tumblr_inline_mumj9gVX0C1sp4gdi.jpg

Dirge isn't Princess, two ridiculously fragile models standing side by side seems so dangerous.

Dirge + Cosset is pretty much only good if your opponent has no way of interrupting you - either last activation setup when you're going first, late in a turn when your opponent has spent their influence, or using Shutout/Tucked to prevent any interruption.

I like it for the misdirection. Tooled up and/or confidence is generally enough.

That said, I like dirge for icing the ball when needed but mist might fill the same role

On 3/9/2017 at 10:56 AM, Leader9-1 said:

No, sorry for the confusion, I should have specified that she did that to flask

crap, I just saw when this was sent lol

Edited by Makhina

Might got back to Vileswarm. Cosset with nothing still kills stuff good.  Tooled up and confidence are easy. And Vileswarm did a lot in most of my games with him.

So an idea came to my mind: Forget Packmaster, and use the rats to further enhance the isolation game. Use Cossets Lure, use vGraves pushes aswell as Gravedigger, and charge with Vileswarm for some even more pushes and then whail at the target with Casket and Rage. Preferably Rage first, then Casket for the 5 point Takeout. I had this idea only minutes ago, but what do you think? Sure, the Bird is away, but Cosset still is a beast and you can concentrate more on her free charge for momentum and the lure. That is something I need to try out I guess. 

Just as a sidenote: I realised apparently no one likes Rage. What the hell? :D 

oRage's unpopularity in the current meta stems from his monodimensionality.  He can't tool up Morticians and if he can't charge berzerk at best makes up for his 1/1 influence.  Crutial Artery can still make him worth while, but generally in Morticians Cosset fills the same role, doubly so if oGraves brings Tooled Up and Crutial Artery, while benefiting from Puppet Master and being able to Lure if she can't charge.

oRage and Cosset together harshly limit a team's flexibility, so oRage is rarely seen.

A 2" push on a character on the edge of the field might take them off and be a more INF efficient way of taking them out. Especially if it has been done with a 1INF charge. Leaving the mascot, who is only worth 1VP, close to the edge in case of retribution. Grave digger could add to the potential bonus of this tactic. And of course there is the poison & 3 damage that would occur if the rats were taken out by pushing them off.

In a vacuum rage is a great model. Applies knockdown and bleed on demand, efficient high damage attacker. Maverick being sometimes an upside (odour, unmasking etc ) and mostly a disadvantage

I just think hes competing against a far superior in faction option whos got added utility. Taking both is as mechmage notes super inflexible. That team has a big weakness in its footballing and ball killing.

Same reason no one really likes fangtooth, the foul odour hard to kill is found in casket and the easy knockdowns and model marking is found in ghast.

10 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Taking both is as mechmage notes super inflexible. That team has a big weakness in its footballing and ball killing.

Is that team so bad at footballing ?

Scalpel

Dirge

Rage

Cosset

B&P

Bonesaw/Ghast/Casket

55 minutes ago, Leader9-1 said:

Is that team bad at footballing ?

Scalpel

Dirge

Rage

Cosset

B&P

Bonesaw/Ghast/Casket

i was talking about Cole's team, which was <unspecified captain>, vileswarm, vgraves, casket, orage, cosset. Which for a scalpel team comes in at 11 influence, 12 influence for an obulus team. Only scalpel and obulus can score goals well, although cosset can certainly make a run for it with her 9" run 6" kick but at 4/0 bad counter attack and 1" melee anyone can take the ball off her before she activates. 

including BPM at the expense of graves makes the team better at football but only marginally so. Memory can strike but brainpan is a very poor, very linear ball retriever, and unless memory is starting pretty close to the goal "im open" costs memory 4" of goal threat.

but morts are never "amazing" at football, both captains are hybrid footballers, bonesaw is lacking in a few departments (i'd probably like him a lot if his base def was 5 and he went to a 6 after scoring),  so the only reliable "pure football" model tend to bring is Mist, or bring A&G for the hybrid fight + greede score missile. I do get a fair amount of 3/0 games just with obulus, BPM, A&G in the team though