Welcome to Steamforged Games Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Anudem

Share your paint jobs

44 posts in this topic

I really dig your theme. How did you make your forest terrain? Where can I buy those stumps, because I would like to use those for Theron's forest AoE's. Your entire team looks solid and I love the pop of yellow to keep your models from looking muddy and dark.  The only thing I would comment on is the basing. The bases would look a little more dynamic if you had tufts of exposed dirt and grass rather than complete snow. 

11 hours ago, Anudem said:

I really dig your theme. How did you make your forest terrain? Where can I buy those stumps, because I would like to use those for Theron's forest AoE's. Your entire team looks solid and I love the pop of yellow to keep your models from looking muddy and dark.  The only thing I would comment on is the basing. The bases would look a little more dynamic if you had tufts of exposed dirt and grass rather than complete snow. 

The stumps I found at a local art supply one day. I think it was $3-4 for a about 100 or so. Honestly you can just go outside and grab a branch and cut it yourself.

Yellow and burnt iron are the team colors. Didn't want to make them look like they were wearing uniforms and wanted them to look more like they were a clan united by warpaint and a piece of cloth or leather with their clan color.

My team is the "Blacklands Ironhearts", thematically I wanted to keep the bases a barren as possible. Just snow and the black rocks of the "Blacklands" but I can see how visually boring that is. I'll look into adding a few rocks here or there help break it up.

On 2017. 02. 05. at 9:15 AM, ultimogringo said:

Finally wished my Hunters just in time to get hype for Season 3 members. First time painting in a few years. Comments and critique welcome.

Link to more images:http://imgur.com/a/WLruM

K15qmhq.jpg

Hello!

Can I ask what bits did you use for the goalpost and bone terrains? :)

On 2/5/2017 at 0:15 AM, ultimogringo said:

Finally wished my Hunters just in time to get hype for Season 3 members. First time painting in a few years. Comments and critique welcome.

Link to more images:http://imgur.com/a/WLruM

K15qmhq.jpg

Looks like your theme will be perfect for the new set! Well done!

On 2/8/2017 at 6:04 AM, m.jäger said:

i gave all my hunters a corpsepaint after watching metalhead.

16487217_10202934668965446_6146362095334

16587348_10202934665405357_5087859569286811275_o.jpg

Theron is looking VERY Rob Zombie.  Just needs the cross carved into his forehead.  Very cool.

Wow, they're are some really gorgeous teams in here. The corpsepaint was especially rediculous and the winter(mammoth bones?) themed team was super cool. With a pitch to go along with them. Massive home team advantage :P

I've been meaning to post a pic of my entire team.  Just finished Vet Hearne. I could use some help for Ulfr. His pants have really weird layers. If someone could post a pic of their painted Ulfr from the back that would help a lot. 

wqqjVn1.jpgZEX1wQM.jpg

While I'm at it,  I'll post  Skatha as well.  If anyone has a great guide on how to paint nmm I'd be really appreciative. I've never painted using the nmm technique and I want to try it on Hearne's moon wand. 

AMFV6lR.jpgqhrZjev.jpg

I'm loving the paint jobs in this thread. That Skatha is inspiring what I'll do with the one I recently inherited.

I am sad though, because I just realized Theron and Egret would make a perfect Rook and Alette from the Banner Saga. Might even see about stripping the paint to make that happen.

Jedianakinsolo likes this