Welcome to Steamforged Games Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

squirtis

Painting for beginners

130 posts in this topic

xD Storm troopers are definitely white primer. Dark Souls on the other hand o-O probably everything except the summons will be black primer (That is.... if you do the summons in that white/blue shade).

Personally I feel like white primer is more versatile.  If you only go and grab one can I think it should be white.  You can go from light to dark much easier than dark to light especially with certain colors, especially yellows.  So if you have a budget I would go with white.  Otherwise by all means get a few different colors of primer.

Karkarov likes this

On 6/13/2016 at 8:26 PM, saltsaltsalt said:

Personally I feel like white primer is more versatile.  If you only go and grab one can I think it should be white.  You can go from light to dark much easier than dark to light especially with certain colors, especially yellows.  So if you have a budget I would go with white.  Otherwise by all means get a few different colors of primer.

Or just go grey and have the best of both worlds.

So i painted my first mini to try and get some practice before DS gets here. Some parts didn't turn out great and taking good pictures of it is impossible.

Anyway here is my first painted mini ever XD

2017-03-22 20.18.09.jpg

QweWtR3l.jpg

pDLoUrrl.jpg