Welcome to Steamforged Games Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Anphiarus

I love Guild Ball miniatures!!!

222 posts in this topic

A little addition to the Morticians team I completed a month or so ago, these season 3 sculpts are shaping up to be the best yet in my humble opinion.

c9ecd857-b498-4c1b-a667-09a6e07a4073_zps

A better shot of Brainpan, went for a similar look to Silence but much more sinister.

575ae4d0-1a1f-49a9-945c-55fcce902eda_zps

I do hope that Steamforged keep producing some miniatures in metal, the latest run for me are their best yet.

TanE, Erahf, speedfreek and 1 other like this

8 hours ago, Anphiarus said:

A little addition to the Morticians team I completed a month or so ago, these season 3 sculpts are shaping up to be the best yet in my humble opinion.

c9ecd857-b498-4c1b-a667-09a6e07a4073_zps

A better shot of Brainpan, went for a similar look to Silence but much more sinister.

575ae4d0-1a1f-49a9-945c-55fcce902eda_zps

I do hope that Steamforged keep producing some miniatures in metal, the latest run for me are their best yet.

I love all the new S3 miniatures so nice Sculpts.

This looks so good (:

Fomorian and Anphiarus like this

26 minutes ago, Anphiarus said:

Here's another season 3 model, this time for the Butchers, Vet Ox.

9cb4cf6d-3f5c-460a-9e87-39890c7c52e5_zps

As with the rest of the team I've applied plenty of gore.

You are a super Talent mate (:

Anphiarus likes this

Very nice work, and thanks - you reminded me that I too was planning on doing his Butchers tatoo on the side of his head, thankfully just before I sprayed his varnish on :)

Anphiarus likes this

Your S3 minis are juste gorgeous ! 

Brainpan is sooooooo creapy and VetOx look just say "don't you mess with me..." 

I love them ! 

Anphiarus likes this

The tattoo is amazing! how did you get such find detail. I really struggled with mine; to the point where it takes up most of the side and back of his head.... :unsure:

Anphiarus likes this

On 3/6/2017 at 1:30 PM, DauntlessPanda said:

The tattoo is amazing! how did you get such find detail. I really struggled with mine; to the point where it takes up most of the side and back of his head.... :unsure:

To be very honest, much like with most freehand stuff I lightly map it out with a soft pencil and then paint over it. 

Another season 3 model i'm working on at the minute the eye challenging Hag, a face that surely on a mother could love :lol:.

400282ea-b9c4-41de-80a5-582504eeb6a8_zps

Still trying to work out a suitable base for her but I can honestly say I was massively inspired by the official paint job for her.

Erahf, Fomorian, Clanger and 3 others like this

Wow, just browsing through this topic. Really great work.

I think the Hag could make a special guest appearance in the next season of Ash vs. Evil Dead!

Anphiarus likes this

40 minutes ago, Anphiarus said:

To be very honest, much like with most freehand stuff I lightly map it out with a soft pencil and then paint over it. 

Another season 3 model i'm working on at the minute the eye challenging Hag, a face that surely on a mother could love :lol:.

400282ea-b9c4-41de-80a5-582504eeb6a8_zps

Still trying to work out a suitable base for her but I can honestly say I was massively inspired by the official paint job for her.

WOW (: That Is the best I've have seen! 

Anphiarus likes this

Awesome work.  You should post your work on Facebook, have SFG highlighted your Halloween Morticians?  It's awesome!

Out of curiosity, how long does it take you to paint a model?  You seemed to be a very quick painting.  Your style is quite similar to Kujo.   

Anphiarus likes this

Thank you for your kinds words everyone.

Sonny, I love Ash vs Evil Dead so it may have had some influence. Whilst I painted her all I could think of was an old UK show called Terrahawks, there was a character called Zelda that has a striking resemblance.

naiconn1981, thank you very much. This is the first site I've shared my work with so I've never really thought about using Facebook for that reason. On average a model will take me about 8 hours to paint depending on detail. Kujo is a very talented fella so I appreciate the comparison. I spent my earlier years in the hobby looking exclusively at Eavy Metal articles so I guess my style is close to theirs although maybe not as clean.

One more model for the Morticians, I think this team is all done now :D.

7e687f5f-572a-45f3-8624-2c150cbbb183_zps

Mist just had to have the last Pumpkin head :).

Kueller, ADG, naiconn1981 and 5 others like this

14 minutes ago, Anphiarus said:

Thank you for your kinds words everyone.

Sonny, I love Ash vs Evil Dead so it may have had some influence. Whilst I painted her all I could think of was an old UK show called Terrahawks, there was a character called Zelda that has a striking resemblance.

naiconn1981, thank you very much. This is the first site I've shared my work with so I've never really thought about using Facebook for that reason. On average a model will take me about 8 hours to paint depending on detail. Kujo is a very talented fella so I appreciate the comparison. I spent my earlier years in the hobby looking exclusively at Eavy Metal articles so I guess my style is close to theirs although maybe not as clean.

One more model for the Morticians, I think this team is all done now :D.

7e687f5f-572a-45f3-8624-2c150cbbb183_zps

Mist just had to have the last Pumpkin head :).

I love Ash vs Evil Dead Tv Series, I can see the Influence In that mini (: 

Anphiarus likes this

@Anphiarus8hrs!  That's is amazing due to the quality your churn out.  I can only manage all my base paints on a single model after 8hrs!  You should definitely share your work on FB and Eavier Metal group, that's if you are comfortable with that.  I really enjoy seeing your clean brushwork and choice of colours, very inspirational to me.  

Anphiarus likes this

8 hours?

It takes me about that to manage an even basecoat! 

Would it be incredibly cheeky of me to ask where the pumpkin heads came from? I'm tempted to pinch this idea for my own Morticians - assuming you don't mind, that is!

Anphiarus likes this

8 hours is very much an average time, my first model of any team is considerably longer as i'm getting a feel for the colours etc. Guild ball figures, more than any other I paint seem to flow that much easier, I have no idea why to be honest but they seem to me at least to almost paint themselves.

Another season 3 miniature for today, this time it's Locus. Did a little bit of conversion work on him just to change it from the "stock" pose. Apologies for the glare off of the metallic sections, he's a pain to take a picture of.

d4542583-6b8f-4eaf-bdb2-bee837688aa0_zps

@MetacarpiUG You are more than welcome to copy the pumpkin head idea, I believe the heads were from the Rackham Cadwallon range, aptly named Pumpkin heads.

23 hours ago, Anphiarus said:

8 hours is very much an average time, my first model of any team is considerably longer as i'm getting a feel for the colours etc. Guild ball figures, more than any other I paint seem to flow that much easier, I have no idea why to be honest but they seem to me at least to almost paint themselves.

Another season 3 miniature for today, this time it's Locus. Did a little bit of conversion work on him just to change it from the "stock" pose. Apologies for the glare off of the metallic sections, he's a pain to take a picture of.

d4542583-6b8f-4eaf-bdb2-bee837688aa0_zps

@MetacarpiUG You are more than welcome to copy the pumpkin head idea, I believe the heads were from the Rackham Cadwallon range, aptly named Pumpkin heads.

I love the paint Job and the Pose Is awesome!

Anphiarus likes this

The pose really helps to highlight the fact they gave him nips!!!

Also everytime I visit your page I find myself scrolling back up to look at your facial features for Ox, they are just absolutely amazing!

Anphiarus likes this