Welcome to Steamforged Games Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Anphiarus

I love Guild Ball miniatures!!!

189 posts in this topic

Been pretty busy over the seasonal period with work but I did manage to paint a bit, I was asked to replicate the Hunters team from a previous post. Here's the results of my efforts.

20170105_130741_zpsr6hmgvwe.jpg

On another note I've been asked to do a few conversions, would a step by step conversion/sculpt be something of interest for you guys?

1 hour ago, Anphiarus said:

Been pretty busy over the seasonal period with work but I did manage to paint a bit, I was asked to replicate the Hunters team from a previous post. Here's the results of my efforts.

On another note I've been asked to do a few conversions, would a step by step conversion/sculpt be something of interest for you guys?

Look so amazing mate!

Anphiarus likes this

2 hours ago, Grenoir said:

Yes, would be interesting to see the conversions and their progress! 

Agreed. Especially since I'm one of the people that asked for a conversion :P

Anphiarus likes this

Been working on what is now my favourite model for Guild ball (I do change my mind a fair bit but us hobbyists are a fickle bunch ;)).

f4b51154-e63a-4af4-8566-3a9a20bce31a_zpsea9976b6-ccc0-43d7-bfea-b0e8a482cc0b_zps

I thought the butchers would need to brand him at one point and a red bum on a pig is just funny I think.

Grenoir, Kueller, Spinsane and 3 others like this

15 minutes ago, Anphiarus said:

Been working on what is now my favourite model for Guild ball (I do change my mind a fair bit but us hobbyists are a fickle bunch ;)).

f4b51154-e63a-4af4-8566-3a9a20bce31a_zpsea9976b6-ccc0-43d7-bfea-b0e8a482cc0b_zps

I thought the butchers would need to brand him at one point and a red bum on a pig is just funny I think.

To be fair I thought It was one of the weaker sculpts for Mascots but I love It when I painted It and so far haven't used Princess because I like It too much!

An awesome Job buddy (:

Anphiarus likes this

Love your truffles mate, he reminded me of when I picked up Boar and went OMG so much flesh, and now I'm like, i wish everyone had well defined fleshy bits like Boar, that was easy to paint.......

Grenoir and Anphiarus like this

On Thursday, January 05, 2017 at 3:15 PM, Anphiarus said:

Hello, can I ask what main colors did you use for the team? Really like these dark grays/blues/browns. But it's really hard to find dark colors that you can still tell apart :).

Thank you for all the kind words about the little piggy, it's a model that I enjoyed painting and I'm hoping to do another soon. The branding although a little tricky due to it's size was not too bad to paint, I used an old citadel wash (blood red) for those who wish to give it a try.

@masterkdog I know what you mean about the flesh, it's by far the scariest part to paint on a model but if you manage to do it correctly it's by far the most rewarding.

@Kueller I'm glad she made it to you in one piece mate, and that you're happy with the way she turned out. I like the base you've added to her buddy, maybe a splash of blood on her could tie her in a bit?

@szendroib The main colour for the team is an old citadel foundation paint called Charadon Granite which I added white to highlight any fabrics. The browns I used were Rhinox Hide highlighted with Calthan Brown (foundation paint again) for all fabrics, for the wood grain and darker skin tones I used Rhinox Hide and Khemri Brown (another foundation paint) to highlight. The black on the models was done by adding Charadon Granite to highlight. 

The foundation paints are out of production but I'm sure you will be able to match them using citadel or other brands, I hope this helps you out a little.

Just finished up the rather crazy looking Meathook, I know the red hair is not the colour she normally has but she certainly looks more menacing with it :).

40e656e4-efa9-47fd-b51c-50d8ff91b2e8_zps

I should be cutting up Vitriol very soon and starting that conversion, so I hope to have pictures soon.

Kueller and speedfreek like this

1 hour ago, Anphiarus said:

Thank you for all the kind words about the little piggy, it's a model that I enjoyed painting and I'm hoping to do another soon. The branding although a little tricky due to it's size was not too bad to paint, I used an old citadel wash (blood red) for those who wish to give it a try.

@masterkdog I know what you mean about the flesh, it's by far the scariest part to paint on a model but if you manage to do it correctly it's by far the most rewarding.

@Kueller I'm glad she made it to you in one piece mate, and that you're happy with the way she turned out. I like the base you've added to her buddy, maybe a splash of blood on her could tie her in a bit?

@szendroib The main colour for the team is an old citadel foundation paint called Charadon Granite which I added white to highlight any fabrics. The browns I used were Rhinox Hide highlighted with Calthan Brown (foundation paint again) for all fabrics, for the wood grain and darker skin tones I used Rhinox Hide and Khemri Brown (another foundation paint) to highlight. The black on the models was done by adding Charadon Granite to highlight. 

The foundation paints are out of production but I'm sure you will be able to match them using citadel or other brands, I hope this helps you out a little.

Just finished up the rather crazy looking Meathook, I know the red hair is not the colour she normally has but she certainly looks more menacing with it :).

40e656e4-efa9-47fd-b51c-50d8ff91b2e8_zps

I should be cutting up Vitriol very soon and starting that conversion, so I hope to have pictures soon.

Stunning Mate (: