Welcome to Steamforged Games Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Anphiarus

I love Guild Ball miniatures!!!

189 posts in this topic

          Hello there! I've been a long time lurker on this wonderful site and I'm not afraid to say I've stolen a fair few ideas from the lovely models on display. I hope I can share with you the work I've been doing for a very good friend of mine. As it stands I don't play Guild Ball myself but I feel I'll be sucked into this game really quite quickly the more I'm exposed to these miniatures. First up I have an Alchemists team that have had a few tweaks with a little sculpting. I have a few pics of them close up and in the green stuff stage if anyone would like to see a bit more. 

 20160326_171514_zpsrr2fvdzh.jpg

MacTuitui, Tonio, Hmelrose and 10 others like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw these on Facebook somewhere, really love the basing theme you've got going on. Vitriol makes me think of the Matrix lobby scene!

Anphiarus likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey there Anamnesis, here's a few of Vitriol. I think my mate threw some pics up on Facebook, I've finally got around to saying hello to you all Erahf. :)20160303_174700_zpsv3mdlcrx.jpg :)

20160324_180548_zpsyzapvchm.jpg

Syph, Erahf, Doc and 1 other like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks everyone, I'm glad you like them :). JimO, my little secret to doing freehand like that is a nice soft leaded pencil. I can roughly map out the symbol on the model and once I'm happy I apply the paint over the top of the pencil. Any pencil that still remains you can then wipe off easy enough with a damp cloth or as I use, my finger dipped in water! Tends to work very well in most cases, especially if the background for the symbol is dark.

 

 

Hmelrose likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another little alteration to the team was Hemlocke, we wanted something a little more fitting with the look of the alchemists so I set about her with a saw and green stuff, this is the result.

20160411_210058_zpsi6ubfced.jpg

Here she is with a little paint slapped on

20160414_093359_zpsofylqi2r.jpg

Doc, cacklad, Erahf and 5 others like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Anphiarus said:

          Hello there! I've been a long time lurker on this wonderful site and I'm not afraid to say I've stolen a fair few ideas from the lovely models on display. I hope I can share with you the work I've been doing for a very good friend of mine. As it stands I don't play Guild Ball myself but I feel I'll be sucked into this game really quite quickly the more I'm exposed to these miniatures. First up I have an Alchemists team that have had a few tweaks with a little sculpting. I have a few pics of them close up and in the green stuff stage if anyone would like to see a bit more. 

 20160326_171514_zpsrr2fvdzh.jpg

Is this Barrie? :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is indeed, please call me Baz though. Even in my thirties, the use of my full name makes me feel like I've done something wrong :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Anphiarus said:

It is indeed, please call me Baz though. Even in my thirties, the use of my full name makes me feel like I've done something wrong :lol:

lol This Is Pete, You Just made me the Shark Conversion :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey there Pete, I look forward to seeing him all painted up :).  The Adjutant, for the bases I used some moulded sheets from Wills Finecast. If you were talking about the paint scheme I'd be happy to let you know how I did it. 

Jumping on the Hunter bandwagon here's a wip picture of Zarola.

20160430_115040_zpscu7htrix.jpg

 

Cassarus, Hyrune, Charlie and 6 others like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy hell that Zarola.... I hope you are planning on carrying that theme through the rest of the team in some way shape or form because she looks insane. It never ceases to amaze me how detailed some of you guys can make faces and freehand and such. I realize it all comes down to practice.... but man... boggles the mind. 

Excellent work here sir, love the work on the alchemists and very much looking forward to your Hunters.

Anphiarus likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Anphiarus said:

Hey there Pete, I look forward to seeing him all painted up :).  The Adjutant, for the bases I used some moulded sheets from Wills Finecast. If you were talking about the paint scheme I'd be happy to let you know how I did it. 

Jumping on the Hunter bandwagon here's a wip picture of Zarola.

20160430_115040_zpscu7htrix.jpg

 

Wow Just WOW!

Anphiarus likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you very much for your kind words everyone. Stone.and.Mortar, the idea is very much to keep the team darker in appearance and nature with a little wriggle room for some of the "prettier" team members. Mezzek, there is no bigger compliment, please do :).

Here she is all done, just the base to do but I think I will do them once all the team is done.

20160430_195432_zpsjebfmbcn.jpg

She's not the easiest to photograph, my apologies.

20160430_195521_zpshtt8fpvg.jpg

JJPearson, Erahf, Kueller and 8 others like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jaw dropping, mate.  Absolutely stunning.  Inspiring me to improve and push myself even more for my own Hunters.   Well done!  I can't wait to see the rest.  

Anphiarus likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you once again for the very kind words, it's certainly motivating me to keep going with the Hunter team (I'm not the fastest or painters). Whilst I'm trying to get Theron moving on I thought I'd share with you a conversion I did for Kueller a couple of weeks back. I've done bits for friends before but never been commissioned to sculpt so it came with a certain amount of pressure (all self imposed of course). The shark I used was the one from the starter set.

20160422_105413_zpsp5yogfh1.jpg20160422_105532_zpsgm5dh6wc.jpg20160422_105431_zps08lvgrfj.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now