Welcome to Steamforged Games Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Mako

Calendar   07/14/2017

The new Event Calendar is live in the toolbar! Pundits can now log their upcoming events here so everyone can see what's going on in their area. Take a look, it will fill with more new things as the days go by.
RuntotheHills

The Goal Post Thread

125 posts in this topic

My Union Goal:

DSCN15432_zps00vzfaw8.jpg

My Butchers goal:

DSCN15442_zpsndz4cvzz.jpg

DSCN15452_zpsvvpxfkrh.jpg

3 minutes ago, Charlie said:

I think this is one of the nicest masons goals I've seen. Where did you find the mason for the base? He is a really neat touch to the statue goal that makes it feel much more original than most in the same vane.

Both the statue en the mason are from Fenryll miniatures. ;-)

Here's my butcher's goal.

I was inspired by the goal of another butcher player from this website, can't remember the name though. He used the GW cow, but the concept is the same.

LbXPcUH.jpgQ1PZ6GI.jpg

I like all of the goals, from the simple to the ornate, because they add flavor to the game (especially for the butchers). Where do some of you get the materials for these? I assume they're miniatures meant for other things, or decorations. Never tried sculpting, but I'm willing to experiment. Just looking for resource ideas.

4 hours ago, Repainter said:

I like all of the goals, from the simple to the ornate, because they add flavor to the game (especially for the butchers). Where do some of you get the materials for these? I assume they're miniatures meant for other things, or decorations. Never tried sculpting, but I'm willing to experiment. Just looking for resource ideas.

For me: Bits from other games, scraps from my son's old toy box, balsa wood, putty, wood and rocks from my yard.

Craft stuff and dollar store junk, or pieces of junk you have lying around. I got gears for my goal from an old, broken belt sander and a clock. I'm working on an Alchemists goal that uses medicine packaging, repurposed 40K Tau bits, game tokens, and jewelry wire.

On 2016-10-19 at 4:55 PM, Repainter said:

Yeah, usually a bunch of random bitz you just have lying around. In my case, I used a horse from warmachine. Other than that, you also buy specific basing material from a bunch of places, seeing as the base is a big part especially of the goal-piece more so than the others. 

Another tip is the outdoors! You can find a bunch of useful stuff, like the stick I used to hand the horse in.

3 hours ago, countersunk81 said:

My Alchemist goal:

[..]

By far the most amazing goal I've seen around here so far. The one bit I'm most impressed with is definitely that until I sww the actual WIP pictures I was convinced this had been made using, somehow, an actual glass or plastic vial. That it was actually all painted on and yet looks this realistic is mind boggling! 

48 minutes ago, Spinsane said:

By far the most amazing goal I've seen around here so far. The one bit I'm most impressed with is definitely that until I sww the actual WIP pictures I was convinced this had been made using, somehow, an actual glass or plastic vial. That it was actually all painted on and yet looks this realistic is mind boggling! 

Thanks all!

I don't think it's as convincing as I can do on a smaller scale like on my players, but it conveys what I was going for I think :D

On 18/10/2016 at 3:39 PM, MuffinMan said:

Here's my butcher's goal.

I was inspired by the goal of another butcher player from this website, can't remember the name though. He used the GW cow, but the concept is the same.

@Clanger

Ballista's Ballista.

I'm not much of a painter or a modeller but relished the challenge. Though I would start simple. (first time i have ever based something too) 

sorry for poor quality picture, not much of a photographer either. 

ballistasbalista.jpg

Love your goals. How do you paint your stone? I particularly like the stone color on generic one and the base of the Alchemist ones! I'm working on my Mason's column, and I'm at a loss as to where to go after the primer. Thanks in advance!

Love coming back to this thread to see all the great ideas people have. Surely this should be pinned!

Just finished my Vengeance 2017 goal and wanted to stick some photos up to mark it - I've had the goal, 2 Butchers, Crucible, both Harmonys and 6 Frostgrave doors on my desk for ages, all not quite finished. Today I finally managed to base the Harmonys, complete my last door and add snow effects to them all, and complete the goal! I feel good (I knew that I would), so photos!

596b72d4936fa_Vengeance2017GoalB.thumb.jpg.7a984c75e7396d71ca80f74abbfb70fe.jpg

The actual Vengeance logo is silver swords with copper handles splattered with blood, and you can't go too far wrong with bright silver skulls, so this had to be all silver with a literal splash of red. Grey wood complements it nicely I think, and goes with my grey Union. I've based it in the same way as my Union, Alchemists and terrain (Farmers too, when I get hold of them - Masons, Butchers and Morticians will all be different), and I had to have a farm animal on there (my vKat has a piglet looking through his legs).

Blood For The Blood God is such a fun paint, I thoroughly enjoyed splattering the goal with gore, especially the flowers and stones on the base. I imagine someone like Greed has been brutally ripped to pieces by Vitriol or Rage after he scores a T1 tap-in, little shit that he is. Definitely going to be looking for more opportunities to add blood to my models...

Edited by S_A_T_S
Fuck Photobucket

@S_A_T_S It is indeed real wood. It's all basswood. The tankards are cut off of some hollow round sprue that's been in my bits bag for a while. Probably off of some warmachine kit. Something kind of like this. sprue-flash-1.jpg