Welcome to Steamforged Games Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Mako

Calendar   07/14/2017

The new Event Calendar is live in the toolbar! Pundits can now log their upcoming events here so everyone can see what's going on in their area. Take a look, it will fill with more new things as the days go by.
Kueller

My Union :)

37 posts in this topic

I really like how you did his face. Do you have a pic from the back? I would like to see how you did his cloak/cape.

I really like how you did his face. Do you have a pic from the back? I would like to see how you did his cloak/cape.

DSC00564_zpsysyoom7u.jpg

First I really like your clean paintings especially the eyes are looking extreme characterful

One thing I find quite iritating is your choice of colours...

All your colours are quite in a familiar spectrum with different tone-variations of red...

Maybe with the next mini or team you might want to add a complimantary contrast to let your minis more pop out on the gaming board.

You know choosing one detail in a strong different colour to create more contrast on a small 32mm mini.

The mini will attract more attention....

For example with Rage:

Staying on most parts in purple you might choose the heat or the vest using some green, yellow, beige...

This might sound too extreme but maybe you can try it first in a digital way.

Here is a program to help choosing your colour-choice for a spacemarine...with that digital help you might test contrasts easier than on a real mini:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/smp.php

First I really like your clean paintings especially the eyes are looking extreme characterful

One thing I find quite iritating is your choice of colours...

All your colours are quite in a familiar spectrum with different tone-variations of red...

Maybe with the next mini or team you might want to add a complimantary contrast to let your minis more pop out on the gaming board.

You know choosing one detail in a strong different colour to create more contrast on a small 32mm mini.

The mini will attract more attention....

For example with Rage:

Staying on most parts in purple you might choose the heat or the vest using some green, yellow, beige...

This might sound too extreme but maybe you can try it first in a digital way.

Here is a program to help choosing your colour-choice for a spacemarine...with that digital help you might test contrasts easier than on a real mini:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/smp.php

I changed Rage a bit, the pants are pinky/red I think It works better. 

Thank you for your Input really helpful :)

Looking good - it's crisp painting and coherent colouring and I have no idea how you've gotten the eyes so tidy - I can barely see them on the models! I would say the weaponry (especially Gutter's knife) looks far cleaner than I'd expect. Perhaps a little weathering - aging the metals or introducing dried blood?

Looking good - it's crisp painting and coherent colouring and I have no idea how you've gotten the eyes so tidy - I can barely see them on the models! I would say the weaponry (especially Gutter's knife) looks far cleaner than I'd expect. Perhaps a little weathering - aging the metals or introducing dried blood?

Thank you and good point :)

Two great additions. Fangtooth looks suitably ill compared to his teammates - are those green boils? Man, he should see a doctor about that ... and Coin looks downright mean with the yellow eyes.

Two great additions. Fangtooth looks suitably ill compared to his teammates - are those green boils? Man, he should see a doctor about that ... and Coin looks downright mean with the yellow eyes.

Nice Harry, and nice base for sBrisket. I like how you are playing it safe with Slotheican symbols on bases. Who knows what the "new" guild is going to be, but you are ready for it!

1 minute ago, burroboskov said:

Nice Harry, and nice base for sBrisket. I like how you are playing it safe with Slotheican symbols on bases. Who knows what the "new" guild is going to be, but you are ready for it!

Cheers Dude (: With them having different bases makes It easier/quicker to spot Solthecian Synergies too

24 minutes ago, Wynter said:

Like the use of cream and different hues of purple. Brings out the Union trim and other details nicely

Thank you Dude (: Will be starting the New Hunters this Weekend.